- OUR FIRST VISITORS: What a special place to stay! Bob and Lucy are exceptional hosts - fun, kind, and extremely generous. The grounds are gorgeous, quiet, and so relaxing. The cottage itself has a very functional and open layout with beautiful artwork and fine touches, it really feels like home, but with all the cleanliness and fun perks that you come to expect from a hotel! Our favorite things: - The warm welcome and assistance as we arrived and settled in. The kitchen, this would be a real treat and money-saver for a small family or longer stay Perks: Coffee (the good stuff!), soap and shampoo, extra toothbrushes/toiletries, amazing little library (all of the recent "bests" plus some great titles we'd never seen before). - Cable TV and free Wi-Fi with surround sound. - A beautiful garden and very sweet chickens & goats. - The fire pit and hammock ... we’ll be taking advantage of both on our return visit. And finally - location. You can truly see every star in the sky at night ... I'd almost forgotten that was possible! Thank you both for such a nice little retreat! In good health, Your first visitors
- BREANNE’S RETURN VISIT: We returned to our new favorite spot for the Christmas holiday and stayed five nights. It's so hard to improve on an already beautiful place and thoughtful hosts, but Lucy and Bob really added the special details. We were surprised after a night out to return to our little getaway, the entrance lit with holiday lights and a miniature tree. A little wine war with a diverse assortment of local wines and champagne are now available to guests at very reasonable prices. I should also note that this little cottage has great heating system for winter stays. We were able to take advantage of the cute kitchen area this time around and found that everything was well-stocked for making meals. We enjoyed coffee and hot cocoa also - very nice additions!
Breanne B. –San Diego, CA
- Thank you so very much Bob & Lucy for opening up the doors to your charming, comfy, cozy cottage. We loved the way it was decorated with some beautiful artifacts from your travels & touches of vibrant colours. It was great having our "own" space & entrance but always knowing that we could call on you if we had any questions of the surrounding area. Thanx for your suggestions for the wineries & also for San Francisco. We tried to do it "all" in a short period of time which is impossible so plan to come back real soon! We have our "to do" list for next time. It was our first time visiting California & you made even more enjoyable with your great hospitality! Best Regards 'til next time.
Colin & Susan M.—Calgary Alberta Canada
- Perfect hosts, perfect location, our only regret is not being able to stay longer. Can’t wait to come back!!
Kelsey & Gary S.-Tacoma Washington
- It is so wonderful being here. The place is so perfect and your energy is wonderful. Everything is really so lovely the way you put it together. A heavenly place we want to come back to as often as possible.
Joy & Lauren.-Cloverdale, CA
- Thank you for your gracious and warm hospitality! Your lovely cottage and these beautiful surroundings has been the perfect getaway that we both needed. You deserve your reputation and your kindness and attention to detail are much appreciated.
John & Shireen E.-Canada
- Hi Lucy & Bob. Really enjoyed my stay at your lovely cottage! Especially enjoyed wandering your nice vegetable garden & picking organic herbs & tomatoes every morning, cooked with fresh eggs from your chickens. What a treat! Loved all your animals & my favourite is your wonderful dog! Your property is amazing & you have created a real serene Shangri-La with beautiful potted plants, cacti & garden art - there is an unpredictable surprise around every corner! Thanx & Cheers!
"Fabulous space in an ideal location for touring wine country"
- Bob and Lucy provided an amazing and ideal space for my boyfriend and me while touring wine country. There was a really nice kitchen with anything you might need (creamer for coffee, garlic, olive oil) and the second morning we were there Bob knocked and offered us more fresh eggs (including a green one!!!) :) While we were a little too beat from driving around all day to make it back and make dinner, Bob had an entire guest book ready with personal suggestions of nearby eateries and their menus. They had all of the amenities labeled so it completely took the guess work out of how to turn on the TV etc. Overall it was the best place that we stayed on our vacation and would have loved to spend more time here! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on our next trip to Santa Rosa!
Laura- Cincinnati Ohio
"Much more than just a cottage"
- Yes, I would certainly recommend this cottage to friends and family. I stayed there several times with my 2 young children and it was always great. The cottage has everything you could need to stay comfortably. I cooked full meals in the kitchen and didn't miss a thing. There are plenty of comfortable sleeping options and the property is so peaceful that sleep comes easy there. There's plenty of space for a family to spread out and play or relax. We spent some rainy weekends inside at the cottage and it never felt like the place wasn't big enough. It's very clean, decorated very nicely and as I mentioned above, very peaceful. It was great for our family but I think it would be even nicer for a getaway place for a couple. Bob and Lucy are as good of hosts as you could ever ask for. They treated me and my children like family. My kids talk about Bob and Lucy more than they talk about the adventures we had while we stayed there. I like having them on the property and they took care of anything we wanted or needed. They even let my daughter help feed the animals which was always her favorite part of the stay. I don't know what else to write except that the cottage and Bob and Lucy and the entire property are wonderful and I highly recommend them all.
"These accomodations exceeded our expecations"
· We don't think we could have found a more perfect home base for our Sonoma wine country excursions. We loved the seclusion of the beautifully landscaped two acres with plenty of spots to sit and enjoy a glass of wine while listening to the symphony of croaking frogs. Our cottage was impeccably clean and tastefully furnished. Bob and Lucy seemed to have thought of everything to make our stay enjoyable... fresh eggs, coffee, wine, condiments, toiletries, books, music, wifi, etc. We would love to return.
Peggy & Mark, Missoula Montana